George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hotpoint washer model wnl720door lock clicking

hotpoint washer model wnl720door lock clicking
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is George..

You need to replace the interlock.. do not try to keep using it before changing the lock as you could damage the PCB

Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi there. i did change the carbons and door interlock and it ran a few times. it has now decided to stop mid cycle and the interlock clicks and all the lights are flashing. it did run again after turning it off but now it has done the same thing.

David, the reason that the door lock is clicking is that it cannot lock... Now mabe this is due to the lock that you have replaced, or maybe it is due to the wiring, or even a faulty pressure switch or PCB.. It could be any of those..

What LEDs are flashin.. try be exact as this could be an error code.. Photograph it if you are able.