Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

There is a green light flashing between start and the on button

There is a green light flashing between start and the on button on my whirlpool ADP4501/5 the machine is not working
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you tell me how many times it flashes. It will flash a number of times, then a gap and the same number of times again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It flashes 8 times then gap
OK this is a water level fault, ie the level of water that is required to wash the pots is either too high or too low. First thing to do is remove the filter grid inside the wash cavity (below the bottom spray bar) and pour a kettle full of boiling water into the sump, leave it for about 5 minutes. Reset the appliance and start a program and come back to me with the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did what u asked but green light still flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
green light stopped flashing machine went for about 30secs then stopped
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
managed to get working green light on but not flashing dont know if it will go again when the cycle is finished will need to wait and see
I would go and get yourself a dishwasher cleaner and put that through, with this error code is is usually that the wash/drain pipes are clogged up with debris.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that and let you know