George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a hotpoint condensor dryer (TCM580P). past

I have a hotpoint condensor dryer (TCM580P). For the past two week when in use the Empty Water light has switched on, even though the water container was not even half full. Now it has stopped working. If i switch it on and the timer knob is in the 0 position then the red (Empty Water) light is permanently on. However, as soon as I turn the timer knob the house circuit breaker is activated and the power goes off. I have cleaned all the filters including the condensor but this has not helped.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you GENTLY remove the heater cover at the back and tell me is the metal damp?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George and thank you for your help. Just gently removed the heater cover and the metal at the back is damp. If you think it would be easier to resolve this issue via telephone I am happy to pay the £8 to enable this. I am planning to go to bed soon because I am working an early shift on Sunday morning 07:30 to 15:30. Therefore, if we were to talk on the telephone tomorrow evening would suit me better if possible? Cheers again. Kev.
Certainly Kev,
Do you need me to send you another request?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its okay George. I can click on 'Accept this Offer' at the top of my screen and do it from there. Is 17:30 an okay time for you tomorrow? I have never used this site before but I plan to come on just before 17:30 and click on the Accept this offer button then and go from there. Is that good with you? Thanks again for prompt reply!
Yes that is fine.. Once you send the request, the system will ask me for my contact details to send to you.
regards
Hi Kev, sorry, just got in.. My number is *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cheers George. I will call you just before 7pm. Just finishing off painting a wall in kitchen. My number is ***** 241436 so you know its me when it pops up. Speak shortly. Thanks. Kev.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George. Ive tried a couple of times to call. Appreciate you may be in the middle of something. Please give me an indication when is a good time for me to call you (text to my phone or message here is fine) and I will ring then save me trying you at inappropriate times. Thanks. Kev.
Ok Kev.. Good speaking to you.. all should work now..
If you have any problems with it give me a call.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George. It works again! Thanks a lot. I wrote you a well deserved review. If this chat isn't already closed please feel free to terminate it. Thank you. If we do not speak again I wish you a happy life! Take care George. Kev.