Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have purchased Danfoss Thermostat FP975 which meant to

Hi. I have purchased Danfoss Thermostat FP975 which meant to replace my old Danfoss SET2E. Switching process was straight forward as there was no need (I think) to change wiring configuration. Unfortunately new thermostat controls only water but not central heating. Every time I am trying to switch the heating on nothing is happening (thermostat light is on as well as characteristic click sound can be heard). I will be appreciated for support. Kind Regards. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please find photo attached - wiring plate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have also attached installation guide for new thermostat, regards
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , ive checked both wiring plans for the two programmers.the wiring is the same , so I don't think it's a wiring issue.
Most likely it is the heating motorised valve that is faulty and not motoring over an making the switch to fire the pump and boiler.pretty common fault. You can most probably just change the head ( as long as its not a very olkd one with a red washer between the head and valve body.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.Thank you for your response. Basically you would suggest new control panel? regards Robert
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
No , I believe the panel is fine. Your system will have motorised valve .if you Google Honeywell motorised valves you will see what they look like. They are usually installed next to the hot water cylinder. If you have two, one will be for hot water ( on pipe going into hot water cylinder), one for heating , goes to radiator pipe work. the heating one is faulty most likely and will need replacing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
many thanks for your help. Regards