George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a rangemaster 90cm electric oven. It's over 10 years

Customer Question

I have a rangemaster 90cm electric oven. It's over 10 years old but served me well. The clock display has completely gone off & the 2 fan ovens won't work the hob & grill are fine any clues on how I can fix it to cook my dinner today????
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you look at the label on the cooker (Inside the grill or the oven), and tell me the model number please.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hard to read all I can see is classic 90 cream CHRM (###) ###-####? All I can manage to read
How many buttons has the clock got?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6
can you press the 4th button along and then try the oven
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok no didn't work
Try pressing the first two buttons at the same time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yep I have already as that's what I do when I reset the clock still not Working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The screen is still completely blank like the power is off
I understand that the screen is blank.. but what we do not know is; if the clock has died or the LED has died. If the LED then we can get the oven to work, but, if the clock has died then the only way to get the appliance working without replacing the clock is to bypass the timer relays for which you will have to remove the top of the cooker.
Try pressing the first two buttons at the same time and then pressing button 6, as if you are going to set the time... Then once that is done, press button 4.
If that doesn't work, switch off the appliance at the wall for a minimum of ten minutes.. Then try again.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that hasn't worked I will switch it off & try again in 10 mins do I press 6 the same time as 1&2 & then press 4 on its own?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cup of tea time now then......
Press and hold buttons 1 & 2 together and then press button 6.. Then release all buttons and wait for 5 secs.
Press button 4
Let me know how you get on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, nothing happening with that one either :(
Ok, the only way to get the oven working then is to remove the top of the oven to access the rear of the timer and then to bypass the timer relays.. Or replace the timer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a job for an expert then! I'm not happy to start pulling it about & removing things is it an easy job?
It is a job that would take me about 20 mins as I know what I'm doing and will know which wires to connect together once I see the rear of the clock/timer.. If you wish to send me photos of the cooker style, I could talk you through it if you wish.. It would take you considerably longer than 20 mins though.
Do you want me to talk you through it?
Please rate the assistance so far
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I think I will have to get someone in for that. Thanks anyway have a good Sunday
You're very welcome, I wish I could have done more for you.
Please rate the assistance given by me & if returning for further advice, please be patient as I am not constantly available.