Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Upright freezer 185x60 egs24na20 gb01 fd8511. Purchased 02.06 Alarm

Upright freezer 185x60 egs24na20 gb01 fd8511.
Purchased 02.06
Alarm condition, use of super cooling overnight does not correct problem, please advise.
Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you double check the model number please as the number you posted isnt comming up.
It usually start E-nr.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Double checked with nameplate on inside of freezer cabinet e number is ***** gb01T
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rd 8511
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That number just isnt comming up on the service site or even on Siemens site.
But as to the fault with it alarming has the cooling start to drop off?
Is this a frost free appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A:-) cooling continues but so does the visual alarm.
B:-) yes it's a frost free freezer original price 500 pounds
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok if its frost free then it could be a blocked evaporator with ice effecting the air flow through the appliance and when this happens you can get this kind of fault you have now. What you need to do is either transfer the freezer food to another freezer if you can and then turn the appliance off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the ice to melt from the evaporator unit and this clears the air flow and allows it to work again. Or you need to empty it and then you need to access the evaporator. If its a tall freezer then its located at the top inside.Look inside the freezer at the top and if theres a plastic housing unit there you need to drop this down and then use a hairdryer and defrost the ice from there. Once clear refit it and retry it and see how it goes. Fingers crossed its just a on off that caused this but if it happens again in say 3 weeks time then its a fault on the automatic defrost side of the freezer. You need to access the evaporator again and wrapped around there is the defrost heater. Locate the wires and test it with a multi meter and see if faulty and if so then it will need to be replaced. Check them out if you can and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your replies but now I must terminate our discourse
I have no use for referred legal involvement.
Please confirm.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That's fine. If you could just rate the answer I have that will close the question down from there.