Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Do creda 79065qh and 79045q contain asbestos

Hi do creda 79065qh and 79045q contain asbestos
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - in answer to you question NO the insulation sheets used in Creda storage heaters are made from silicacous aero gels.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian thanks for your answer. Do you know when these were manufactured. When i checked the list of night storage heaters they do not apper on any of the lists (containing/not known/not containing), do you know why this is? Is the aero gel used for insulation requiring any special treatment when removed?
No, just so it doesn't irritate your nose or hands I would wear gloves and a dust mask and have a vacuum cleaner to hand as it tends to go very powdery the older it gets. As you say these are very old ie twenty plus years but Creda stopped putting asbestos in their storage heaters in 1974 and these are late 1980 onwards models.
OK would you now kindly rate the information given to you by using the smiley faces below, once done this allows me to shut down the question on the system whilst giving you further free information if required. Ian