Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a potterton suprima H60 2013 boiler.it starts up and

I have a potterton suprima H60 2013 boiler.it starts up and the the flame comes on for 3 secs and goes off,it does this 4 times then lockout.I i take the front cover of to allow air into that area, works fine. This will then work normally until the next morning
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a plumber and have renewed the pressure switch,ignition lead and it has had a new fan
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,I would check the pump is running as suprima overheat easily . the manual shows a flow and overheat sensor.
Feel the pipes as they leave the burner .do they get hot, then the boiler cuts out? This oulkd mean an overheat problem ,most likely pump or sludged blocked head exchanger . or air blockage in upper pipe work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this. Why would if you take the front heat exchanger door to expose or create gap around this cover does it work fine? If there is over heat problem or a blockage would the problem be the same. I do appreciate this is something that has a few answers but at first as the system did not work until you allowed an air flow into the flame chamber it seemed to be the pressure switch. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it was meant to say when you create a gap it does work fine
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
The pressure switch is operated by the air flow from the fan .this is a safety to ensure the fan is running before the boiler will fire.
To be honest the old suprima had an issue with the PCB overheating and as it expanded it would make a break in the solder ,but I don't think this model has that problem , but that is one possibility .
Sometimes with a fault that is a bit mysterious, you have to just go through it bit by bit.
So did you feel the pipes ? Was the boiler firing and the pipework getting vhot before shutting down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I got home the boiler was on which is unusual, but in the morning I can check the heat situation. The pump seems to working fine, I will check this as well in the morning. Thanks
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome .fingers crossed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Boiler turned on, boiler fan starts, main pump starts, port valves do what they do, the hot pipe on flow does not get hot as the flame only goes on for 2 to 3 secs and is not long enough to get it hot It does that 4 times goes to lock out. Take main housing off, undo silver heat source door crack an inch, stats and runs perfectly.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , check the flue isn't blocked, also check the flue temp stat for continuity during this start up attempt.
Check that the case isn't touching any wiring as it closes, especially the flame rectification wire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All seems OK. Thanks for the advise. I will have to call someone in. Thanks
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , one last.check the flame rectification probe wire isn't touching the casing as it closes. I went back over the symptoms and forgetting about opening the cover, I would suspect flae rectification probe or heating flow thermistor/ sensor