Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My whirlpool ADG 6552 dishwasher only lights up on the rinse

Customer Question

My whirlpool ADG 6552 dishwasher only lights up on the rinse programme and the start button flashes but will not start.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you tell me the number of flashes as this gives me an error code. You should get a number of flashes followed by a gap and then the same number of flashes again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi.It gives 7 flashes then a gap.
It's a flow meter failure.
You have a flow meter fault. You need to carry out the following ##
Unplug the machine from the wall socket.
Take the left hand panel off (looking from front).
Looking at it from the side, at the bottom right of the plastic fill chamber you'll see a water wheel, disconnect the plug from this, clean the contacts on the small pcb, tighten the connections on the plug and plug it back on.
Reassemble the machine. Plug it back into the wall socket, reset it and try a program again.
If that doesnt work you will need to replace the flow meter that the component with the wheel.