Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Bosch advantixx wvd24460 and it has stopped completing

Customer Question

We have a Bosch advantixx wvd24460 and it has stopped completing cycles in the past few days.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the full ENr and tell me what it is doing please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wvd24460gb/04
FD 9202 00348
And would you kindly give me a bit more information about what it is doing or not doing. ie is it not washing, draining, spinning etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On every cycle it stops part way through.
OK can you put it on a hot wash and tell me if it heats the water please. Secondly does it come up with any error codes in the display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error codes... Hot was just started.. Will get back in a few minutes
OK and when it stops can you confirm (or not) if it is still filled with water?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the appliance has been on cottons wash 60 degrees since my last message. I cannot see any water in the drum at the moment and the glass isn't hot yet. My wife tells me she took some washing out yesterday and it was very wet and hot. She says sometimes the cycles complete so there is no pattern!
OK from what you have told me it is either not spinning the water out or it is not pumping the water out. If you could (when you've finished the wash) advise if it pumps the water out and then spins that would be helpful.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, I have been sending emails directly as I have had some problems with the just answer site.
So on the first hot wash i stopped the cycle as I could not tell if there was any water in the drum or if it was hot. this was about 20 minutes in. I opened the door and the cloths were wet and hot.. but not a lot of water. I then put the cycle on again and it stopped with about 30 minutes left (out of 125). So I then put it on a 15 minute rinse cycle which it only did 7 minutes and cut out. I then put it on 1 minute drain cycle which it did but mad a very funny sound right at the end. I then put it on spin (8 mins) which it completed ... but clothes are wetter than the full cycle normally delivers.
OK first things first, check and clean out the drain filter, secondly can you confirm that you are just using it on the wash cycle at this point not allowing it to go to the dryer cycle.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,I will check the filter this morning. I confirm we only have been using the wash cycles not dryer. The clothes smell horrible with this drier.R
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Ian,The pump is absolutely clear. I don't see what i would describe as a filter though?RobI have to go to hospital now for a few hours
OK no worries ping me on here when you're ready to go again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the ball is in your court Ian as I have come back on the previous questions. So no to drying cycles and the pump is completely clear. Were you waiting for another response?
I understand your point but whilst the pump (filter) chamber may be clear this does not mean that the pump is actually pumping the water out, if you have a blockage in to the pump or one out from the pump to the drain pipe then the water will not be pumped out. Secondly if the pump impeller has broken off (which is common) equally you wont have the washing machine clearing the water out of the drum. Both these will cause the washer to stop or at least try to rinse in the wash water in line with your wifes point of the washing comes out wet and hot. I need you to look in to the pump housing and confirm that the pump is actually turning when on pump out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Ian I was at an all day meeting yesterday.
I checked what you asked and yes the pump is actually turning.
OK if as you indicate the pump is spinning but no water is coming out of the end of the drain pip then you have a blockage as listed above either between the sump and pump or pump and drain. You need to check both these pipes for blockages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the fact it does drain when we put it on just the drain programme suggests there isn't a blockage. My wife has lost patience with me trying to sort it out and has spoke to guy she uses occasionally for properties she lets and he suspects its an electrical fault with the 'front panel'. anyway he is popping round later. Thanks for trying.
OK if you need a place to send the panel (if it is that) let me know.