Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Emailed request last night but events changed overnight as

Customer Question

Emailed request last night but events changed overnight as weather now colder. i have a TP75RF to control my central heating equipment. This is probably 15 years old. i have recently changed the batteries and since then the unit has not worked. It will not hold programming and I suspect it is defunct. it has given excellent service over the years !
if I replace the unit will my controller be compatible or do i have to replace boiler control and water heating units as well?
Urgent advice please.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi,sounds like the components inside the programmer have failed. if you replace the controller you would be best off replacing the reciever aswell . the rf models come as a pair. The wiring is usually the same with all rf receivers .
I would stick to Honeywell or Danfoss as these are a bit more expensive but easier to use.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I thought. I remembered afterwards we had household insurance that covered central heating breakdown and they have agreed to repair system and replace with Honeywell alternative. For information TP75RF was shorting somewhere as batteries flat after 24 hours.
Glad you have it all sorted out.All the best