Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Fitted oven typeFXZM6 Model AKP262/1X 18months old,oven tripped

fitted oven typeFXZM6 Model AKP262/1X 18months old,oven tripped out fuse,reset fuse now oven will not get hot.Thermostat clicks on temperature knob when turned but no heat in oven
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you confirm that the oven light comes on and when you switch to grill that works?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the oven light comes on but no heat, and the grill and light works good.sounds a bit like element gone in main oven huh?
Yes the reason I asked the question is that depending upon the oven selector switch you can have problems with that but it usually causes problems with the grill also. Are you able to do this job yourself because the cost of a genuine replacement element is nearly £50 but we may be able to source you a non genuine for much less but I would need the dimensions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that Ian,don't know if I can do job I will need to look at oven in daylight.If I can do it will be in touch with element dimensions.
OK that is fine, power off, if you can take the door off and move it out of the way, then remove the back panel inside the oven, this then gives you access to the circular heating element. If you are lucky the mounting screws are on the inside, if so remove the element carefully whilst keeping hold of the wires on the back of the element (we dont want them coming off) when you have got as far as you can go come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian didn't manage to expose rear element,so have called in a technician to hopefully fix it tomorrow,but would like to thankyou for your help,Garry