Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have purchased an Neff slide and hide sincle electric oven

I have purchased an Neff slide and hide sincle electric oven B44M42N3GB to replace a faulty oven. The faulty oven was connected to the electric supply via a 13amp socket spur from the cooker socket. The instructions to connect the new oven are a bit vague, can the oven be plugged into this socket and what would be the power rating of the new cord/cable between the oven and the 13 amp socket.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - Neff ovens come with the cable connected, so you should be able to connect directly into the wall socket as long as you are able to switch off the oven remotely ie above the worksurface. The installation instructions give you two options, either directly into a fused spur connector behind the oven or using a fused 13 amp plug.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no cable on the oven the instructions state the amperage is 13amp but requires 16 amps power setting and cooker point connection
OK in this case you will need 6mm cable through a 32amp double pole cooker switch. This however is not what it says on the installation instructions supplied with the cooker so listed on the Neff engineers website.