Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My chest freezer has been bleeping every 10 seconds or so all

Customer Question

My chest freezer has been bleeping every 10 seconds or so all day . The power light is on and the freezer seems to be working alright
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries. Could I have the Manufacturer and model number please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Electrolux, chest freezer,9 cubic feet, about 10 years old. Sorry I do not have manual and cannot find the model number
Model number should be on the back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in all the years we have had the freezer, it has never done this before
The beeping is just to tell you that the temperature is outside of the band of temperature that you have set, ie it may be at -12C when it should be at -18C. It can be a shortage of refrigerant, a failing motor or the lid has been left open or not fully shut. However I need the model number from the label on the back to be sure of the specifications.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.I have looked all round the freezer and cannot see the model number. I did however pull the plug from the socket for a minute and the freezer continued to bleep!!
That is normal, it takes a short while for the capacitors on the board to discharge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the end I asked advice of a local expert, who assured me that under no circumstances would a deep freeze bleep.It had to be coming from elsewhere.As it turned out, I found a cold alarm had dropped down, and had landed underneath the freezer and had switched itself on in the process,hence the bleeping noise. I'll deal locally in future
Not true quite a number of chest freezers beep especially Liebherr, Bosch and Hotpoint to name but three.