Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a hotpoint washing machine ultima wmud 1043. Door will

Customer Question

We have a hotpoint washing machine ultima wmud 1043. Door will not open. Lock key symbol permanently on. Have opened door manually using pull down latch but won't run a wash programme. Thanks
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - if you cancel the program and stick it on drain and spin will it pump the water out or is the program totally unresponsive.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. When I put it on spin/ rinse/ pump out. It beeps, locks the door and makes the sound as if it going to start but doesn't. Thanks
OK can you remove the drain pump filter and see if that is blocked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Yes I have done that. It is clean now but was dirty.
OK you need to check that the appliance is able to pump the water out of the drum and down the drain now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Yes have done that. Still won't run a spin/ drain. Sounds as though it is going to start but just continues to rumble.
OK can you tilt the washer back to 45 degrees, take out the filter and put it on spin. Once started look into the filter cover and confirm that the X shaped impeller is revolving very fast?