Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Oven door not closing properly. I have taken springs out and

Oven door not closing properly. I have taken springs out and they look fine. Is there a special technique to put them back and make them work?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you kindly let me have the manufacturer and model number so that I can look up what type are being used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung BF641
Thank You, ***** ***** tell me what is the problem with the door please be specific ie door stays open or wont close etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The door does not close fully. It looks shut but is not quite shut so heat can escape
OK this is almost always the spring assembly complete, there is no visible sign of weakness but over time the spring tension usually goes in one side spring assembly and the other side can't compensate so you get a slight gap or failure to stay closed when the oven is in use as the pressure inside the oven is sufficient to open the top edge. Replace both spring assemblies and things will be rectified.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by using the smiley faces below, once done all further questions are free of charge.