Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My dishwasher is not working. All the settings lights

Customer Question

My dishwasher is not working. All the settings lights are red and the on button works but I can't choose a setting. It is an MX 194 [sorry I can't see the model type]
If you can help...
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK this is usually a small leak into the base, unplug the appliance, put an old towel down behind the dishwasher, and tip the dishwasher backwards to 45 degrees. If water trickles out leave it for about 30 minutes in this position and then sit it upright. A further 30 minutes (or longer) plug it in and come back to me with your results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
The dishwasher is built in to the kitchen unit. Might need some advice on getting the dishwasher out or is there an alternative to the problem. Thanks for getting back to me
good morning - if you can get access in the front you might be able to get a towel in to soak up the water, otherwise you will have to take it out - sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Will try to remove the standing water in the dishwasher - basin and sponges approach - will let you know how I get on
Thanks for your reply
OK I'm around but in and out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Removed the water from the dishwasher and left it for thirty minutes with the power off. The dishwasher powers on but the lights for the various settings are out. Any thoughts? Thanks again
OK you have a float switch in the base of the washing machine that sometimes burns out but before we go there, when we are talking about the water are we talking about that that would accumulate outside the wash cavity but in the base off the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
I removed the water in that was visible. Is there any way I can access the base of the appliance from the front
Yes but power off first, then take of the front kickstrip and you should see a black rectangular plastic cover. With a screwdriver lever of this cover and then start mopping up the water in the base, towels, sponges etc. Once this is all mopped try the machine and see if it works and come back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Have powered off and removed the wooden kick board. There are two plastic covers. Should I try to remove both [it's awkward trying to lever these off with as there is an wooden panel covering the dishwasher. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Removed one of the plastic covers. There is no water at all - dry as a bone
Yes lever them both off, on some models they have one large one, on the other two smaller ~ you may also find a block of fibre behind then which you will have to me out of the way. Once these are out of the way shine a torch through the hole and you should see the base and water sitting there. Might be quite rusty so don't use a good mob/rag.
If you don't find water and you are still unable to reset the program then I'm afraid you have a pcb problem.
But just had another thought, when you switch it on do you get a buzzing or grinding before it stops?