George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

In our Church Hall, built 15+ years ago we have a Caple Double

Customer Question

In our Church Hall, built 15+ years ago we have a Caple Double Oven, but no User Manual. I need to identify the model of oven before searching for a manual. I have photo of the oven, and several of the control panel, to help you - can I send these?
The Control Panel has, from the left hand end, a mechanical clock (i.e., not electronic) with, below it, two rotary knobs, the left hand one to set the clock, the right hand one with one section which switches, presumably, between Auto and Manual.
Some 3" to the right is a nameplate 'Caple', then further over to the right, three control knobs: Top Oven Temperature, Top Oven Function Switch, with 'Off', 'Light', 'Oven' and 'Grill' positions, and the the Main Oven Temperature Selector.
If you can identify this and, ever-hopeful, find a User Manual for me, I would be very pleased. My name is Alan. Thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alan, my name is George..
If you open the door to the oven, somewhere on the surround to the oven should be a label with some information on it... Can you supply me with this information please?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Both labels are illegible, as if they've been cleaned too often. Sorry!
Can you tell me .. is this a cooker with a double oven or an integrated double oven?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, don't know - how do I tell?
Do you cook on the top of it as you would a normal cooker or is it in a wall unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's built into a housing, so that the control panel is at eye-level; the top oven, which includes the grill, is about 2/3 the height of the main oven below it. Does this help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - yes, it's built into a wall unit, the hotplate is separate.
Sorry, I have gone through all of the manuals available but cannot find an oven that matches the description that you have given...
Here is a link to the available manuals for Caple Ovens
Caple Oven and Steam Oven Manuals
I hope one of them will assist you
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said in my initial inquiry, it is about 15+ years old. I'll try the link, thanks, ***** *****'ll be hey-ho - and down to trial and error! Thanks anyway.
You are very welcome Alan.. Wish I could do more.
regards ***** ***** luck
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The control panel is similar to the one on C301, but we have only two small control knobs below the digital mechanical clock,
Well I hope that helps you, but there are very many Caple cookers out there that do not have manuals available.
Though it is possible that Caple could help you if you contacted them:
Email:
If you'd like to email us please use *****@******.*** or fill out our contact form
Write to:
Caple, Fourth Way, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11 8DW
Call on:
Sales: 0117(###) ###-####
Service: 0117(###) ###-####option: 2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you were Caple - that's who I was on to when I started!
No sorry; I am just an engineer here to assist you on this site; however I do work on Caple appliances.
I have done work for Caple in the past.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, George, Thanks for the contact details - Ill try them in the morning.Ta-ra
You're welcome Alan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I rate you? There's no box for 'Tried hard, but the information was not out there, so was unsuccessful'!! I'll give it 3.
Oooo.. now there is a question squire... I have never seen your side of the board so I can not instruct you on that I'm sorry.
Whatever you think fair sir.
regards