Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bosch washing machine WFR2860GB - the drum is not

Customer Question

I have a Bosch washing machine WFR2860GB - the drum is not turning - I suspect the brushes in the motor - I hve been trying to remove the motor but can't manage to release the main cable - at the moment I cannot see behind the motor to see if there are any clips that require releasing and dont want to force anything - any suggestions please
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - there are two retailing clips that you have to force in to allow the motor plug to be released. Make sure that you mark the way that the plug comes out as they are easy to get in the wrong way around.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just going to try again - I take it that the two clips need to be pushed into towards the centre of the plug?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried but nothing seems to move
OK the best way is to put a box or something behind the machine a lean it back onto the box. This allows you to unclip the plug and cut off the cable ties that hold the cables to the motor. You should then be able to release the motor.
Please ignore the further action offer. I hit the wrong key.