Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bosch Logixx fullsize dishwasher. Check water light

Customer Question

Hi I have a Bosch Logixx fullsize dishwasher. Check water light comes on. No water being pumped into machine, put in a small bowel and it pumped it our (I think) Have pulled out machine and tipped it in all directions a little water came out but not much. Tried again and check water light still on and machine seems to be trying to do something. Have checked connection to water mains - filter is clear so no problems that end. Many thanks. Gina
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - when you start up the appliance can you hear the drain pump working should be a gentle whirring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and it continues to whir even when the door is opened. The panel give an Error 15. I have checked that the pump under the filter at the bottom is clear by removing the white covering as per instructions on YouTube. I have filled the machine with 1/4 bucket of water and it drains out completely. But no water is being drawn in and the pump continues to work. We have taken off the left hand panel of the machine and note that there is some rather nasty coloured area about half way up towards the back, in the plastic covering in which the water seems to go through, but am unable to access this area.
OK two things E15 is that you have an amount of water in the base of the appliance - this means that you will have to remove this first, the dishwasher will not work whilst the flood protection device is working. Take it out, take the top and right hand side panel off (from the front) and mop out the water. Then run it to check all is working with no leaks and put it back together.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No water in the bottom of machine or in the sump where the pump is situated. Taken off Rt hand panel there is no water anywhere. However left hand panel ( see picture) with the plastic cover is where the water is. The water is inside this plastic panel and there is a rather grubby/black area half way up. But we can not remove cover to access water. See pics. The right hand cover is the black one which houses the electrics and the motor and such- no water there!! Gina
OK first image is the water distribution unit, if you unclip it from the top. You will need a towel to catch the water. One of the small pipes is clipped on but other than that you should be able to just lift it out keep an eye on the o rings. Now pour some mister muscle drain cleaner into that dirty area leave it a while and then flush it out with clear water.
Whilst you are doing this you will see a clear corrigated pipe that runs from the sump of the dishwasher around to the side of the water distribution unit, remove this a clean that out too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will deal with your suggestions tomorrow afternoon. I think you are on the right track with cleaning out the water system. We have a back up washing machine technician booked for Monday 11 am but if we can get this fixed before that then we can cancel his visit. I not take up the phone call for the moment. Many thanks for your help. Gina
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian, we have tried to get that panel off but do not feel confident to do this and don't want to break anything, so we are going to allow the technician to come tomorrow morning to fix it. We have used this person for many years and hopefully he will know what to do. Thank you for your help but it has not been possible for us to do what you ask. There are 3 clips and too many pipes attached to this panel, not a job for the inexperienced. What happens now since we do not have a resolution? Gina
Thats quite a difficult one which I will leave up to you. I have given you the information to carry out the repair you just decided not to do so. That was your choice rather than my failure to advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Ian, but we were nowhere near the mark on this one. I know you tried your best but this was not something I could have done on my own and it would have taken days or weeks online trying to sort this out. It turned out to be a burnt piece of electrical circuit. The expert came today and found the cause of the problem and I will stick to his service in the future. Not sure I have had 100% satisfaction but I have learned my lesson not to try using this method again. Thanks anyway.
Gina
.