Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My teka dishwasher had its supply hose and power cable

Customer Question

hello.
My teka dishwasher had its supply hose and power cable eaten by rats. Both have been replaced but it wont go and has the four green lights on left flashing
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could I have the model and ENr please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian
Model UN-DW640Fl
Serial No FA75T655Fl VROl
Code ###-##-####Sorry can't find Er No
Chris
OK almost no information on this dishwasher. First thing to do is unplug and towel to hand tip the appliance backwards and let me know if any water comes out of the bottom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Nothing
OK the issue here is that Teka dishwashers were made by various companies and rebadged and I can find no record of this model on the Teka website. Try this and tell me if it does a reset -
Reset Procedure
Switch on and press the program button 4 times, within 3 seconds. The 1st and 5th lamps should light........ You may have to do this several times before it works! Assuming that it does, switch off, count to 10, switch on and run the rinse program only
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your reply. I will try tomorrow and report back.
Good night
OK speak tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Ian
Have done as you asked but nothing has changed. However I did disconnect everything and pull the dishwasher right out and tilted right over this time water has come out !!
Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having played with all the buttons and switches a bit more the program lights won't come on at all only the in the second panel (salt & rinse aid ??)come on and still nothing happens.
OK if you take the base off you will see a fload arrangement, just check that the micro-switch hasnt burnt out or jammed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do. Is it easy to get the bottom off or can it be accessed from removing side panel?
Best to take the bottom off then you will see the float rather than sticking a hand in the side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I new what a float switch looked like but I cannot see anything that resembles one. The bottom is only a tray so I don't see how it could hold any water to operate a switch.
Sorry for being so vague
Chris
OK Chris, think the best thing here is for me to get you a illustrated diagram that we can both work from but I wont be able to do that until tomorrow when I am back at work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian
How are you getting on with finding a diagram to help in identifying the suspect part?
regards
Chris
OK I have spent hours on this one and can confirm the following, it is Chinese manufacture some parts are available. No technical information is available as Teka has ceased to exist. The first thing I would do now bearing in mind what we have done sofar is to take of the facia and front panel and see if you can see any damage to the control panel. Whilst doing that take the bottom off and check inside to see if there are any further cables damaged. If you can see any other damage come back to me and we can see if we can source the parts. But as an example the pcb for this appliance is £285.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for working so hard on this. I will investigate further and report back sometime tomorrow.
Best regards
Chris
No worries sign of the time I guess you never know who makes what these day Chris, speak to you tomorrow.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ian.
I can find no visable damage so I think it is not worth spending any more time on trying to find whats wrong, although I don't like being beaten by technology.
Thank you very much for trying.
Best regards
Chris
I think that is the best decision too