Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a TP9000 with a remote TS2 thermostat. I suspected

I have a TP9000 with a remote TS2 thermostat. I suspected that the TS2 was faulty and have changed it like for like. I now have a flashing thermometer symbol on the display. I have tried doing a partial and a user full reset, but this has not worked. Can you help please?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi is it just the one ts2 you have linked to the tp9000?
And can you check the wiring terminals in both, ie a from ts2 into ? B from ts2 into ? Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, there is only one ts2 and the wiring is exactly as it was, I have just changed the TS2.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , do you mind if I asked why you changed it?just trying to get some history of the fault , thanjs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the temperature setting on the tp9000 was raised by two or three degrees it was only calling for heat for a couple of minutes before turning off again.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , is there a lot of natural temperature variation between between the location of the tp9000 and the ts2 ?
The ts2, as I'm sure you know averages the temperature out between the two.
So sorry but have to go out to the hospital for a couple of hours , will be back on then
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not much difference
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Can you remove the ts2 and run the tp9000 by itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, that worked, I must have another faulty TS2, the flashing light is still on but the heating now comes on. Do you think that the original fault described above would have been caused by the TS2?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , to be honest, the to 9000 is designed to work with the ts2, but having to faulty makes me wonder if its not a fault with the tp9000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your help. We have some heat now in the house and i will carry out further investigations.