Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

BEKO ECO WMB 81445 LW -Wash cycle does not proceed. as LOCK

Customer Question

BEKO ECO WMB 81445 LW -Wash cycle does not proceed. as LOCK symbol keeps cycling and when off stops the filling cycle. It goes round the loop several times with little water each time. It is as if the door will not confirm closed yet the door is firmly shut. It will then display END.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anybody working on this ?, I have paid the fee.
Keith
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Ive only just come online and saw you question sitting here. When you start the washer and it flashes the lock sign is the door actually locked so you cannot open it at all? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My initial statement confirmed that fact,!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the door is locked so it cannot be opened but the light is flashing then its possibley worn carbon brushes in the motor as they can actually cause this kind of fault. What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold for you.Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor. There either side you will see the carbon brushes in the plastic holders.Remove them and see if they have worn down. They should be minimum 8mm long. Anything less and they have. Replace them and retry the washer and fingers crossed that's sorted it. Check them and see what you find and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The washer is only 18 months old. I am just about to have a family meal and then going out so will check tomorrow am. and let you know.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok no worries.18 months is long for brushes but if you use the washer a lot then it still could be. So just check them anyway tomorrow and see what you find and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to look at the brushes but it is an induction motor, but you knew that, I think as you had a dialogue with 'Peter' on 22nd September for the same problem. I replaced the Door interlock but it wasn't that either. As the replacement motor is £168 it is not worth it so we will buy a Bosch machine tomorrow and throw away the BEKO rubbish even though it is only 18 months old.
In view of your earlier discourse with another person, 'Peter' on 22nd September, which was viewable on line, I don't think you have acted very professionally by sending me round a dead loop.. I expect JustAnswer to assign me a tech who is familiar with my faulty product. Just answer took 30 hours to respond apart from the rapid fee collection yet it promises at least within 24 hours and I realise that may not be your fault if not assigned to you till later. . I don't feel that I should even pay the deposit in the circumstances. I am sorry to be taking this tone but the service claims a good reputation. I have used Just Answer many times before so naturally disappointed at this outcome, You, personally, can't help that the cure has an expensive outcome. Sorry Daniel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind the new referral, I have been failed miserably on this issue and disgusted at the deceit. I am abandoning the faulty product and purchasing new. My fee should be returned.