Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Baumatic Cooker Hood 7.3GL Very Noisy motor

Customer Question

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - it is fairly common for the fan to come loose on the motor so something for you to check. If its tight then you will need a new motor assembly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I replace the motor, i can't see any screws that show the head only screws that show the tips. The cook hood is fixed into the kitchen units so I am unable to access it?
Could you check and let me have the model number of the hood its should start with two letters followed by two or three figures. The one you have given me is not listed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Baumatic
Model: BT 7.3GL
Serial no(###) ###-####Thanks
OK if you send me your email address removing the @ and replacing with (at) I will send you the illustrated diagram for the hood. I can then take you through the strip down procedure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
svaultersatcrystalwm.com
thanks
You have mail
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian
Thanks for that, will I have to dismantle all of it as it is housed in a kitchen unit, photo sent by email.
OK are items 2, 3 & 4 fitted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought that 2 & 3 were actually one as it goes through the wood, but maybe they are two bits.
Apart from silicon I don't think they are fitted?
Do you think that would be ok? Would it be better if I ordered a new motor first or try to take it all apart first?
If it were me I would take your time and take it to bits now, the new motor is about £120 so better to be sure that its not just a loose fan. You have to get access to the four bolts that are screwed through item six from the vent hose side which hold the fan assembly in place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok you've been really helpful. I have a day off on Thursday so will try to tackle it then, would it be ok if I contact you if I have any problems?
Yes that will be fine, my number is #07748 928831# ***** you could just rate my service to you using the smiley faces below I can shut the job down on the system and all further questions will be free of charge. Look forward to chatting with you on Thursday ~ regards ***** *****
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks you've been really helpful. I'll rate you now so you can shut the job down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help, we've had an unexpected expense so I'm going to leave the cooker hood motor replacement until the New Year, Kind regards, Sian
No worries, just had one myself front spring broke on the car. If you need further advice drop me a note. Thanks for the rating and take care.