Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have attempted a repair to the belt of an indesit idva735uk.

We have attempted a repair to the belt of an indesit idva735uk. The belt has gone on all right and we have put the machine back together but although all the lights come on green at the start, the start button turns orange when it is pressed and the machine will not start tumbling. Any ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - when you say you repaired the belt, what in fact did you do to the belt to repair it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, should have phrased this better. We have in fact replaced the belt with a new one, seems to be fitted correctly, drum will turn OK and we managed to fit everything back on ok. Slight feeling that may have reversed some of the electrical contacts - would this be a possible cause of the yellow light rather than the start button commencing the cycle?
Yes