George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The led display is not on so I cannot operate my belling o

The led display is not on so I cannot operate my belling oven
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you provide me with the model number of the appliance... This is on a label on the surround of the oven
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Belling xou7og mark 2
There should be a number starting 44444
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
7341
I must ask.. Are you competent to repair this appliance
This appliance has a thermal cutout that restricts power if there is a heat problem (Fire prevention).
This could be the problem, as this supplies power to the timer.
Without power to the timer, the timer cannot then supply power to the relays for other parts of the oven to allow gas through.
This should be dealt with by a competent person at the very minimum, and otherwise by a Gas Safe engineer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George
When will you be able to respond
I have already responded with the following...
--------------------------
---------------------------
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George
I am reasonably competent in diy. I turned the power off yesterday as I was changing a power socket, the display has not come on since. If you could let me know what to do I will give it a go
First you need to remove the power to the appliance then remove the rear panel of the appliance...
On the line in from the power there should be a thermal overload cutout. Using a multimeter on a continuity setting, check the component to ensure continuity exists.
If NO - replace the component (also check for reasons that the component would have overheated)
If YES - You'll need to remove the worktop of the appliance to gain access to the timer module.
Check continuity exists between the input to the timer and the input to the appliance for both Neutral and Live.
If NO - Find the source of the continuity break
If YES - Replace the Timer Module
I hope that helps.. I've made the instruction as clear as possible.
regards
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair