George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

We have a whirlpool dishwasher which now seems to run through

Customer Question

Hi we have a whirlpool dishwasher which now seems to run through the wash cycle but when finished the tablet is still in its compartment, the door to the tablet is open but about 90% of it is still there rather than dissolved and the dishes not washed properly. Any ideas?
Mike
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike, my name is George..
Check that the holes in the rotors of the dishwasher are not blocked.. If they are blocked the water will not be directed towards the tablet.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George a couple of jets were blocked, not sure if it would be enough to prevent tablet being dissolved, have cleared them all and will rerun programme and confirm. Thanks
You're very welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George - apologies for delay in responding, I ran the dishwasher, a little better but same problem.. I'm guessing it's the water temperature control unit (from what I've read) and it's probably cheaper to get new dishwasher? Any last thoughts? Mike
Is the water getting warm Mike...
Can you get me the long 12 digit code starting with 85
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 8542 747 15001 the machine always seems really hot at the end of a wash
Then water temperature wont be causing the issue Mike..
Run a cleaner through the dishwasher
and Check the rotors again..
The cause of this problem is usually one or more of a few things:
Blockage in rotors (even a slight one)
Clogged water flow system
Wear in wash pump
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks George I purchased a cleaner and will run through tonight. Rotors are definitely clear.. Will confirm once tested.
Ok squire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George sorry for the delay.. I've run washer through. If I put tablet in cutlery cage it gets dissolved and washes fine, if I put in its compartment in the door - same problem as before.. I'm a bit stumped to be honest..?
Thanks for returning with your results..
Can I ask you to check your upper rotors again.. I need to know if they have a hole in the end?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI George - will do tonight
OK Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George sorry for the delay in coming back.. The rotors do not have a hole in the end, they have holes on the flat surface and the last one is about 5mm from the end
The reason I ask is that in the middle of 2013 there was a modification to the spray arms (rotors) to overcome the exact problem you are experiencing.
The original upper rotor has a small hole at the rear on the top and a slit in front of that..
This has been modified. You can try replacing the upper rotor with the modified version..
Other causes are blockages, weak wash pump, insufficient water.
Please rate the assistance so far