Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The programmer on my Firenzi 650 oven seized up a little

Hi. The programmer on my Firenzi 650 oven seized up a little while ago, causing a permanent buzzing. Initially I was able to simply switch off the display. Unfortunately, the only way to stop it now is to switch the oven off at the mains. I have tried the reset suggested in the manual to no avail.
Can you advise how to either reset the unit, or deactivate it completely?
Audrey
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi From what you say the timer is faulty and you will need to either replace it or bypass the timer. If you don't use the timer then you can just bypass it (deactivate it). If you want to do this then you need to pull the oven out and remove the top.From there you will see the wires on the back of the timer. You need to take a picture of the timer with the wires on there and post the picture on here for me.Then I will be able to tell you how to bypass it from there. But if you do use the timer or you don't want to bypass it then the bad news is the timer is now obsolete so you cannot get it anymore so in that case it would be a new oven im afraid. But if you want to bypass it just post the picture in here and I can tell you which wires it is. Regards