Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher ADG7560/1 that won't start. The

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool dishwasher ADG7560/1 that won't start. The light is flashing three times. Please help - getting very bored of doing the washing up!
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Hi 3 flashes is a heater element fault on this. If its still flashing then you need to reset it by holding the start button in for several seconds and that will reset it. Then retry a new wash cycle and see how it goes. If it does it again then you need to access the underneath and there you will see the heater attached to the motor. You need to use a multi meter and check the resistance of the heater and see if faulty. If so then you need to replace the heater. If the heater is fine then you need to remove the outer door panel and there you will see the door wires going into a plastic holder. Open this and check the wires in there. Give each wire a tug and see if theres any broken wires in there. If so then you need to repair the wire.But if the wiring and the heater check out ok then it will be the control board im afraid causing this. So check the above out and see what you find. But the 3 flashes is a time out heating error code. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reset seems to work - so far. If that's the case do I need to do anything?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Ok if it was just a one off then just use it as normal and it should be fine.But if the next time you use it it does the same again then its picking up theres a fault on the heater circuit so you need to check the above and see what you find. You can always get back to me on this even after rating the answer so that's not a problem. Regards
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel.
Lets hope it's a one one off!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
I'm afraid I'm back.
The dishwasher did work to a point - but decided not to drain properly.
This did happen literary before it stopped working and the light flashing started.
We've followed a few suggestions on YouTube videos - checked the filter and waste pipe for blockages, also checked the pump itself for blockages. We are going to see if anyone at work has an ohm-meter to check the pump. Any other suggestions? Also, how would the draining issue be linked to the heater element fault - is there a clue in there somewhere?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
When it stopped did it do the same with the light flashing 3 times? If you reset it and start a cycle the first thing it should do is bring the pump on, Does it do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel,
Long gap since the last message while I was trying to organise someone to come and fix it, which seems to be taking forever!!!
Checked the pump with ameter, which seems to have current running through it. The appliance has been sitting there for over a week now. Just plugged it back in to get power. Haven't got a water feed into it at present. Turned it on, shut the door and it made the vibrating buzzy noise that it did before. No lights though. Ho hum....
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 1 year ago.
Is it the wash motor that's making the noise or the water inlet valve? As if theres no water connected to it and you try and start it then you can hear a vibrating noise from the water valve as its asking for water.