Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

The ice-making compartment of our Maytag side-by-side refrigerator

The ice-making compartment of our Maytag side-by-side refrigerator is no longer producing ice. Everything else is working normally, new filter, the off-arm is down, the water is flowing normally. What can be the reason, and what can I do about it please? There is no data plate on the back, just a label GS2728EEDW, vintage about 1998.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely cause of no ice is a broken ice maker module or a plugged fill tube. If you look at the ice maker, are the fingers that eject the cubes point up and to the right? If not, the ice maker is faulty. Let me know what you find. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Away from home at present. Will look on FRiday and get back to you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Excellent, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fingers are all pointing up and right. How do I unplug the fill tube, and where exactly is it anyway?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The fill tube comes into the back of the ice maker, it is a plastic tube. If it is not frozen shut, the water inlet valve will likely need to be replaced. The video below will help. CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Kelly. I have given prolonged hair-dryer heat treatment to the inlet tube and area behind it, so I am certain that nothing frozen remains there. Looks as though I will have to find a Maytag engineer to replace the inlet valve. Thank for your swift and expert advice.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
I agree, the valve will likely need to be replaced. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!