Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a fault on a dryer on a Candy CNW136 washer / dryer,

Customer Question

I have a fault on a dryer on a Candy CNW136 washer / dryer, it is not heating, I have checked continuity on the heating elements and the thermostats and they seem ok, although no power is going to the heating elements. Also the motor driving the dryer fan has power but is not turning.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - just trying to find the manual for it, be back as soon as I have it to hand.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good evening I am OK to wait another couple of days.
Paul Denvir
OK are you able to use a multimeter or continuity tester?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am able to use a multimeter.
OK have you got continuity across the two toc (thermal cut-outs) one of which resets the other that has to be reset by hand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not on site right now, but I did check continuity on each of the 'thermal-cutouts' and they were fine.
OK can you give me an email address and I will send you the wiring diagram and we can work through it, basically its straight forward we check that you are getting some power out of the dryer board and if so then we have problems between dryer board and actual dryer. Replace @ with (at) in email address please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
paul.denviratgmail.com
You have mail
Now that the final information has been supplied would you kindly rate the information given to you by selecting from the star panel above. This allows me to shut down the job on the system and once done allows all further questions to be free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Ian,
Sorry for delay in getting back to you, I was not able to get on site until last Friday 4th Dec.
I checked the wiring diagram you sent against the wiring and circuit board and it did not match up!
I did locate the dryer circuit board, what is the probable fault - on the board or the Programme selector switch.
If you set it into drying mode, turn the dryer timer to a set point does it mechanically move back to zero?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the dryer timer does move back to zero.