Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Hotpoint Futura TCFM 90C condenser dryer is leaking

Hi, my Hotpoint Futura TCFM 90C condenser dryer is leaking water, creating a puddle underneath. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Is the dryer still collecting water in the bottle at the top? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes but not a lot
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok what you need to do is pull the condenser chamber out again at the bottom and this time reach in there at the back at the bottom and you will feel a channel and to the right at the back is a hole which goes to the pump. You wont see it but reach in there and you will feel it. Clear out any fluff that's built up in there. Then look at the back of the dryer in the bottom right corner and there you will see the pump.You need to prise a flat screwdriver into the top of there were the tabs go into the back panel and prise them out.Then you need to remove the pump from the chamber.Then you need to clean out the water chamber which the pump sits in and then see how it goes. As what can happen is fluff builds in in there and the back of the condenser housing and this stops all the water going to the pump so it ends up leaking on the floor instead. Try that and see how it goes and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for your response, and sorry for not coming back before now - we have followed your instructions but I won't know until I test the machine at the weekend if it has worked! There wasn't much fluff in either the chamber/hole behind the bottom condenser nor the water chamber under the pump. I have however, flushed out the bottom condenser unit again as there was a little build up.I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Fingers crossed that will work but as I said if it happens again then the pump unit itself will more then likely be the fault here im afraid. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm very sorry, I didn't get the notification that you had responded. We cleaned everything out but it's still leaking unfortunately. I guess we'll have to call out an engineer.I have just found out about a safety warning which has been issued on driers of my make and model which I have logged, but won't hear back from for about 4-5 weeks.Thanks for your answer and apologies again for not coming back to you. Mel