Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Beko dishwasher DE2542FW died mid-cycle leaving wash water

My Beko dishwasher DE2542FW died mid-cycle leaving wash water in. No lights on. Main fuse is OK.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If the power supply is good to the dishwasher then its possibley the on/off switch at fault here casuing this. You need to unplug the dishwasher and then remove the front plastic control panel by undoing the screws on the back of the panel on the inside of the door.Then with that panel loose you will see the on/off switch on the right. Check that back of the switch and see if theres any signs of burning. If it looks ok then you need to test it with a multi meter and see if its switching over, If its not then it will need to be replaced. Check that first as this is the part that mostly fails and causes this fault here. Let me know what you find. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel
Power switch is working OK. Tested switching with multimeter and with power on. Anything else I can check?
Cheers
Bob
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the on/off switch is fine and theres power there and switching across then im afraid the control board will be the fault. As the power goes from the switch to the control board so as the switch is fine and has power there then it will be the control board at fault. Sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel. It will have to be an engineer visit the. Was worth a try though. Cheers, Bob