Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Can you help please. I have a whirlpool washing machine

Customer Question

Dear Sir can you help please. I have a whirlpool washing machine with total power failure. I put my washing in and about half way through it stopped working with no light on the panel or anything. I tested for power from the plug to the switch at the back and then to the control board both have power but when I pressed the on button nothing happens, no light etc. would this be the control unit? many thanks ***** ***** ***********
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If you have power from the socket to the back of the control board but nothing coming on then yes it will be the control board at fault. Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault were theres just no power to it and its nearly always the control board that causes this fault. Now the odd time I have hear of customers they leave the washer turned on and after several hours it has come back on so maybe worth trying that just in case if you haven't already. But if theres power to the board but nothing coming on then it will be the control board at fault here. Regards