George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an electrolux cooker. With the recent storms where the

I have an electrolux cooker. With the recent storms where the electricity kept coming and going, the clock on my cooker has stopped working. Which means I can't use the oven or grill. I imagine it's something simple like a fuse, but I don't know how to replace it.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
Can you give the PNC / Product Code from the label on the oven surround please.
Also, can you let me know; has the appliance got a clock / timer and if so, is it working?
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George,Mod: EKC 6044K
Prod Num:###-##-####Ser Num: 903 04536Ii does have a clock timer that has stopped working.
Can you tell me; have you checked that the RCD in the Consumer Unit/Fuse Box is on, and that you have power actually getting to the cooker?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what the RCD is, but the mains fuse is fine and there is electricity getting to the cooker. The hob is fine. It's just that when the clock/timer isn't working the the oven and grill don't either.
Ok thank you.. I just needed to confirm this first.
So, the clock/timer gets its power directly from the terminal block at the rear of the appliance.. The live wire that runs to the clock/timer from this terminal block usually has a TOC or a Fuse inline.
Turn the power to the appliance off at the wall and remove the rear panel carefully. Look on the right side for a round metal object with two terminals (TOC) or bulge in the wiring (FUSE). Test that this has continuity through it.
Alternatively, you can remove the hob of the cooker to access the rear of the clock, to test that power is reaching the live terminal of the clock/timer.
If power is reaching the clock/timer then the clock/timer will need to be changed or the relay on it bypassed in order to get the oven back on.
I hope this is a good enough description for you...
Let me know what you find so that I can further advise you.
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's happening now is that the oven will turn on and run for a few minutes and then both it and the clock go off. The clock will turn itself on again after a few minutes. Both hob and grill/top oven are working normally. Could there be a problem with the oven thermostat?
No, the problem will be the electronic parts on the input to the Clock/Timer...
This is evident of a failing Clock/Timer.
Please rate the assistance given to you by me...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I go about fixing that?
You will need to replace the Clock
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Good to know what the fault is. How do I access the clock to remove it?
You need to remove the knobs and unscrew all screws holding the hob glass.. once the hob glass is removed, the clock is accessible.
Please rate the assistance given by me
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair