Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Siemens iq300 no longer uses the fabric softener that I

My Siemens iq300 no longer uses the fabric softener that I put in! I have cleaned the drawer and the filter at the bottom front of the machine.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the full Enr and I'll have a quick look at the specifications.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Ian,I have a Siemens IQ300 that's about 2-3 years old and it has suddenly stopped washing the fabric softener out of the drawer! I've done the basics like taking the drawer out and cleaning it although it wasn't too bad anyway. I then removed and cleaned the pump filter via the flap at the front lower of the machine - again, not too bad with nothing significant there just fluff and maybe remnants of paper tissues! Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I spun the pump impeller with my finger and thought that it felt a little heavy to turn although it did turn smoothly! Maybe a red-herring as this would depend on the type of motor and any gearbox that may be driving it - just an observation really!
Thanks but I need th Enr not the model number it should be in the door recess.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian - my name is ***** ***** The EN is WM12Q390GB/12 FD 9304 000062
I have listed a link below go to page 4 and once there come back to me and I'll talk you through things - http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/sparepart/finder/detail/WM12Q390GB/12#/tab-spare-section-3
Copy and past that in and go to page 4.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Ian, I'm on page 4
Give me your telephone number preceded by a # ***** #1234 etc and I'll call you and talk you through
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian - sorry, I had to go out!I can see the breakdown of parts so I assume that it's a matter of taking them apart until I find a problem? Access from the rear?
No you need to understand how the thing works otherwise you will just be changing parts for the sake of it. Thats why I offered a phone conversation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
#01892782426