Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Belling GHU 572 No spark at middle ring but rings will light

Belling GHU 572
No spark at middle ring but rings will light with match
What is best remedy?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to your queries - OK this is a classic case of make do and mend ~ as a rule the problem will be the spark electrode, the cable between it and the spark generator, spark generator itself or the electrode is just plain dirty. Whilst the electrode is still available the rest of the items are down as obsolete. As an opinion from an engineer I would just buy a gas lighter (as used on BBQs etc) and manage this way. The electrode is about £10 but you then have to pay someone to come out (about £60 or so) only for him to find its something else. If you go ahead with the job it will entail him having to take the hob out of the unit to work on the bits. Whilst I understand that this is not the quick fix that you sought its a good deal cheaper. Would you now kindly rate the information given to you by using the stars ratings above, once done all further questions are free of charge.
Can I be of further service?