Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an Electrolux dishwasher, when I turn it on cycle

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux dishwasher, when I turn it on for a cycle it runs a short while (10 secs max) before tripping out the electrics for that area of the house. Any idea what it could be?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you let me have the model number and pnc or product code please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the Electrolux ESL63010
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas?
Thank you but I also need the product code or pnc also. The likely cause is either, water in the base, the drain pump is jammed, inlet valve has burnt out or the circulating pump has seized.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea where to find the product code
It is usually stuck to the side of the door on a label
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
typ: 911D53-0L
PNC: 911 539 012 06
S-No: 02582183
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does this help?
First class job - OK are you in a position where you can tilt the appliance backwards to about 45 degrees?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I am... now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
water came out the bottom
OK leave it tipped over for about an hour and mop up from time to time. Come back to me later and we'll continue. Just need to dry the base out before we start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
long enough do you think?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We'll have to leave it till tomorrow. I'm busy tonight. What time suits you best?
Any time after 0800, I should be in the office much off the day as the car is having a new shock absorber fitted so may have to pop out for about two hours but otherwise will be here .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
good morning, I'm ready to have a look at this dishwasher now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you there?
OK stand it upright and see if it will work now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok i'll give it a go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Same issue. Runs for 10 secs then kicks the electrics out
OK well what you will have to do now unless you have a Portable Appliance Tester is one by one unplug the components under the appliance until you find which one is causing you the problem, it is likely to be either the float switch, electrical suppressor or circulating pump which got wet and is now shorting the electrics out and tripping the fuse box.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right ok thanks.
You could also disconnect the heater just in case that has been causing the problem.