Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Miele w5872 washing machine. Can the plastic strip underneath

miele w5872 washing machine. Can the plastic strip underneath the front filter be removed to get at underside of machine ? It has "waterprrof" fault and it is very difficult to uninstall the machine so as to tilt it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - yes the bottom kick strip does come off but is held in place by pegs that go through the front chassis you you have to be careful you dont break them off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. How should I lever it off safely to avoid breakage ? Eg, Should I pull from the ends, or insert a blade along the front, or something else ?
Ease it off from the bottom a bit at a time with flat blade if you could move it a little forward and then do it from the ends also that would work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm going to try that tomorrow morning and I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks
Its not easy but take you time, the worst that can happen is that you break it and its readily available as a replacement. Slow and steady.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I managed to remove it, to be faced with a bottom chassis side that would not allow me good access into the interior to spot any water. But there was a narrow horizontal gap I managed to slide some sheets of kitchen towel through and it came out dripping wet. So that's what I did over and over. About 40 sheets later the last one came out just damp. Tried the switch and the machine came on again, no more fault. All sorted. But there was a lot of water there !
I would have used on of those magic sponges that absorb so much but nevertheless you achieved the aim. What I would do is to try and find the leak whilst the front is off, if its large you will need to sort it out otherwise it will get in the motor and blow up the pcb which will scrap the appliance. Would you now kindly rate the information given to you so that I can close the job down on the system, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank You for using JA and have a nice weekend.