Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Panasonic NA-147VB2 washer stops at the 7 minute point on 15

Panasonic NA-147VB2 washer stops at the 7 minute point on 15 quick cycle (as with all other cycles when it comes to drain)-is the pump faulty? The machine hums for approx 10 mins then goes into U11 mode.
I have gone through all the relevant user checks-all fine.
Do i need a new pump?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - first things first check that the filter is not blocked and that the pump is actually turning. You may need to put some old towels down to catch any water that was left in the drum or if you can tip the appliance back against a wall or cupboard and remove the filter then. Secondly check that you havent got any water in the base of the unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian,
I don't think the pump is working- as the water is still in the drum-as I said, filter and supply fine. I've drained the drum manually-set a programme again-it goes to when it needs to pump water away and stops then goes to U11 fault.
OK do you have a pump and/or spin on that model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have both-it is a modern appliance...
(laughs) OK tip it back and put it on a pump out program and with the filter out of the way (removed) start the appliance, can you see the impeller the thing at the back going around?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian,
This model's pump cannot be seen when you remove the filter (bottom RHS of machine)- I would have to remove the back off the machine to look at the pump-do you know if it is gear or belt driven?
The pump is screwed directly on the back of the filter housing, you should be able to see the centre of the impeller through the front of the filter housing. It is a sealed electrical pump with just two spade connector terminals fed by two wires.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I've just found the problem-elastic band in the pump -just running 15 min cycle to see if that has solved it-you pointed me to the pump impellor which really helped! didn't think i could do much in situ-10 mins will tell!
if that cures you problem would you kindly rate the service given by using the star rating at the top of the page, this allows me to shut down the job on the system whilst allowing you further questions free of charge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian it looks like it did the trick-thanks for the tip!
Job done!