Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Hand held steamer doesn't release steam!

Customer Question

Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries -
Try this -
1) Removed screws from: a) Lower area of handle (1 screw), b) Top of steamer, under round rubber flap around fill hole (2 screws), c) Front of steamer where nozzles attach (2 screws)
2) Removed back of handle, top of steamer, front of steamer where nozzles attach
3) Once all parts are removed, you will see a brass button that is pushed by the trigger
4) Using a needle-nose pliers, grasp and rotate the button several times in both directions (you may hear it rubbing against the interior spring). Do this until it turns fairly easily with the pliers.
5) Once this is done, you will find that the brass button can be very slightly depressed with a bit of force. You may also need/want to unfold a large paper clip to push into the nozzle hole to help unsticking the brass button. When the brass button moves in and out (it doesnt move much), the steam release mechanism is unstuck!
6) Reassemble all parts (everything snaps back neatly into place).
Test and confirm correct operation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IanThat worked well. I now have steam !
Andrew
Can I be of further help? If not would you kindly rate the information given to you by using the star rating at the top of the page. Once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening.