Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

There is a smell like hotelectrics when the machine was last

Customer Question

There is a smell like hotelectrics when the machine was last used. I believe it is a 1999 model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was a burning smaell
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - if you can find the model that would be helpful, was there any water in it at the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Unfortunately the dishwasher is in Glasgow and I am in Derbyshire. It is my daughters flat and her friend is currently living there and reported the problem when she tried to use it. I presume as she was usingf it that ther ewas water in it unless the supply was somehow c=ut off. It is a fully intergrated machine -full size made in 09 1999 according to the id that was reported to me.
OK there should be a label on the door side which will give the model number and a product code. If you can get that for me we can move things further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will ring Claire and see if she can help further.
OK if you get stuck I have a friend who is a service engineer that covers Glasgow but its abit of a balancing act deciding whether to spend money on a 16 year old appliance. If I have the model number at least we can see what spare parts are still available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have texted Claire in Glasgow. Don't know when she will ge tback though. I think someone told her no parts were available. Would you recommend ditching the Candy anyway and gretting a new one. What make do you recommend?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know little about dishwashers -I don't have one!
Well two companies that I would recommend - firstly Gorenje and secondly Amica whos head office is in Kilmarnock just up the road from your daughters place. Both come with a two year warranty parts and labour, obviously the Amica on is handy for the parts if it breaks down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If Claire gets back to me with more info I will contact again
OK thats fine, would you now however kindly rate the information given to you using the rating stars at the top. This allows me to shut down the job on the screen but once done lets you ask further questions on a free of charge basis. Thank you for using JA and speak to you soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have more details about the Candy dishwasher that produced a burning smell during the washing cycle. it had water in it..
Model details: MOD. DFI 50 UK
Serial number: 32900015
Date label 0999What is likely to be wrong and is it repairable?
OK I have looked at parts availability and to be honest there are next to none as expected. Puts you in a position of calling an engineer out who whilst he might find the fault may be unable to get the parts to repair it. The problem could literally be anything, from a burnt out switch to a heater operating with no thermostatic control to a main control/timer that has melted. I think in line with our earlier conversation replacement would probably be the sensible thing bearing in mind your distance from the property. At least this way you have the benefit of being able to have a warranty repair carried out at no cost or inconvenience to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I just needed to satisfy myself that a repair was not really an option as the machine has always been excellent. I will pass this on to my daughter and her tenant.
Sorry we could not be more helpful but sometimes replacement is the only sensible option. For me its a last resort as I joined this business to fix things no scrap them. If you need further advice come back to me.