Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My AEG tumble dryer is driving me mad! The heater failed so

my AEG tumble dryer is driving me mad! The heater failed so I replaced it(not cheap) still would not heat so I fault found an open circuit therostat, replaced it and it worked fine for two loads. now it just seems to light up/power up have traced power to the main switch and that all checks out OK. What could it be?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
product number: *********** / model LTH57520
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok so as to the fault when you turn it on the lights come on but the dryer wont start is this correct? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, sorry, my typo, no lights, no sign of power at all.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ok if theres no lights on there then you need to check the power supply from the mains filter were the power cable goes from to the rotary switch on the front.Then it switches from there to the main control board. So you need to check theres power going to that switch and then from there t the main board. If there isn't power coming out from the switch on the front then that's the fault but if there is then its the control board at fault im afraid which would need to be replaced. But just like the heater the control board is very expensive as well im afraid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power checks into and out of the switch so I already had the main board in the 'crosshairs' but is there any other part that would shut the dryer down apart from the main board?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If theres no power then there isn't anything else other then the control board.As that's the only part that stops the lights coming on if theres power there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's worse than that! from aeg's parts site: Part is not available Part number :(###) ###-####
Any place you know that might have the part other than AEG?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry wrong part number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's aeg Part number :(###) ###-####
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
To be honest with you these online spares site don't actually stock big parts like control boards themselves. As when you buy them they then buy the part themselves direct from AEG and post out to you so you will struggle to find that part im afraidYou can try and keep an eye on Ebay for a second hand dryer the same model and get it from there as they may pop up from time to time on there. I thought that was the wrong part number you posted as I got(###) ###-####from the tech site.