Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

AEG Integrated Lavamat Turbo Makes grinding sound when drying.

AEG Integrated Lavamat Turbo
Makes grinding sound when drying. Otherwise OK
John Cherryman
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the full model number and pnc/product code that is on the label in the door recess.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay.
Model No. is L12700VIT. Type P6497679. Prod. No.###-##-#### Ser. No.052000444.
I can be clearer about the fault. Both wash and spin are OK with no grinding noise. The bearings must therefore be OK. This strange noise occurs only during the drying programme. The filter is clear.
What do you think the problem might be and the best remedy.
I am reluctant to replace the machine if the fault is minor and can be remedied economically.
Your opinion would be appreciated
John Cherryman.
Hi John,
Thanks for the response, that makes it much easier to diagnose the fault, I attach a link to the parts diagram for your washer/dryer. If you look at the link --
http://shop.aeg.co.uk/search?ssv=91460190200&prpp=150&customFields=edmx%3DA&customFields=eds%3DP09143008228&customFields=edProdDate%3D20010606&customFields=edProdNo%3D914601902&customFields=edelc%3D00&customFields=edDesc%3DDryer%20265
On top of the washing machine is the drying mechanism which consists of a heater box in which are a heating element and thermal cutouts. Air is blown over the heater by dryer motor (item 4) and through the ventilator assembly (item 18a) forwards into the tub assembly. What tends to happen is that either the ventilator gets full of fluff and as it spins its fan assembly catches or alternatively the dryer motor bearings start to fail. If you take the appliance out, take the top off and remove the drive belt by spinning each in turn you should be able to establish which is causing the noise.
Can I be of further assistance?