Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I took my siemens oven door off to clean and the hinge locks

I took my siemens oven door off to clean and the hinge locks snapped shut, can I release them and how?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you give me the full ENr for the product please. Are we saying that they unlatched themselves back to their operating position or that they actually broke?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HB13M550B Siemens oven door, actually my son took the door off and the hinge locks snapped shut
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are in the locked position with the door open can they be released?
OK this is how you do it, it is not easy but if you take it carefully you will not break the door.
Engineers way, take a towel and wrap it around the door glass area and then put the door on the ground on a piece of carpet or similar. With a pair of pliers force the hinge back until you can latch it in place. You will need someone to hold the door so stop it moving around. Once you have got the hinges latched, put the door back as normal ensuring that the cut-out underneath the hinge engages in the oven from before you unhook.
To release, just apply a gentle pressure downwards and unlock (make sure that the triangular cut out is engaged.