Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

If a freezer has been punctured and the gas has escaped can

Customer Question

If a freezer has been punctured and the gas has escaped can it be repaired?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK can you tell me where you have puntured it and is the hole readily accessable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A small puncture hole in the roof of the freezer which is readily accessable,
OK perhaps I had better explain the procedure with the caveat that I am a qualified refrigeration engineer and that most domestic appliance fridge engineers wouldn't even attempt this repair. The second point is that if you cannot get to the bare metal of the area (called an evaporator) then it can't be done and before you even attempt it be aware that specialised refrigeration tools are required. Do you wish to continue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
OK thank you - would you now kindly rate the information given by using the stars at the top of the page. Thank you for using JustAnswer and have a good weekend.