Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a 12 year old Zanussi built-in freezer (ZU 9120 F).

We have a 12 year old Zanussi built-in freezer (ZU 9120 F). On Thursday we shut it off to de-ice. When we turned it back on the temperature went down very low (-30) and is staying very low. Is it repairable, or do we need a new freezer?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - sounds like the thermostat has failed or have you left it on fast freeze by mistake?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not on fast freeze
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be economic to have a new thermostat fitted?
OK in that case I would look to replace the thermostat its Part number is :(###) ###-####it is available directly from Zanussi using the following link --
http://shop.zanussi.co.uk/product/2262618016/Freezer+Thermostat
You should be able to replace it yourself it is quite an easy job and surely much cheaper than a new appliance.