Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

How does the condenser come out to clean on a Zanussi

How does the condenser for drying come out to clean on a Zanussi ZKH 7146J washer dryer please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - would you kindly give me the pnc or product code on the label inside the door recess.
Regarding removal of the condenser, this is not possible on a washer dryer as it forms part of the sealed moisture extraction and is self cleaning. Whilst they do block up from time to time the system has got to be stripped down to clean out the condenser area and is not removable as is the case in a condenser dryer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for prompt reply.
Model ZKH7146J
Prod code###-##-####00
Type HI954334
Ser No. 123 00029I appreciate this is not an everyday task, but have done it on a Hoover washer/dryer in the past but the access was much easier. I was looking for an indication of the degree of disassembly required before considering doing the job in case I have missed some way of getting access more easily, as it does look as though it needs removing the cross members with the drum suspension spring supports.
Jon
You have to take the motor off the top of the dryer heater assembly, then if you can disconnect/split the heater box and clean this out and if possible flush the condenser out by directing water down inside the condenser. Obviously making sure the power is off prior to this procedure. It is a time consuming project.
Attached is the link to the breakdown of the parts covering the dryer assembly ~~
http://shop.zanussi.co.uk/search?ssv=91460434100&prpp=150&customFields=edmx%3DA&customFields=eds%3DP09143066522&customFields=edProdDate%3D20110420&customFields=edProdNo%3D914604341&customFields=edelc%3D00&customFields=edDesc%3DDryer%20265
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks,
Didn't think there was room to separate fan from heater housing at first, and thought the join was sealed first of all. Knowing I should be able to get fan away from heating housing was what I needed to know! Managed to clean most of condenser but small tube on side feeding back to water inlet not accessible and cannot see what it's function is without taking whole of condenser out. Not tested yet but can only be improved after amount of gunge taken out!
Many thanks.
Jon