George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I put the washing machine on and then realised I had forgotten

Customer Question

I put the washing machine on and then realised I had forgotten to put the powder in. The water had only just started running in so I switched it to off. Then I could not open the door. I have run the programme through to the end twice but the door will still not open. We have tried trouble shutting from the AEG brochure but have not had any luck.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
If there is, then put the appliance onto a drain/spin programme and allow that to try to drain the water.
Can you tell me if there is still water in the appliance??
If there is no water in the appliance then you have a failure of the door lock system and we need to discuss further what to do about it.
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.