Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Aqualisa Quartz Digital - Blue Light Flashing, won't start.Shower

Customer Question

Aqualisa Quartz Digital - Blue Light Flashing, won't start.
Shower won't start. Green power light on processor is on, red diagnosis light on processor is on constantly rather than pulsing (which indicates indicate thermistor and/or controller problem).
Input water pressure seems fine.
There are two controller units 1 remote, 1 in-shower - isolating either control unit makes no difference.
Any ideas gratefully received...
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi, sounds like an issue with the mixing unit. You say indicates an issue with thermistor( temp sensor) . Do you want to replace this yourself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for the response. Sorry, I worded the description badly.I thought the same thing re: mixer unit. However, this is the second one we've tried and while it might be possible not sure it could be two duff units in a row.Pulsing light indicates thermistor/controller problem (apparently), we have constant red light.So, everything *looks* fine, except that the controller unit has flashing blue light. Normal operation has no light when off, flashing light when turned on which then becomes constant light once the shower is running at correct temperature.I'm happy to replace most bits and pieces myself.
Hi, you definitely have the right one for your system? Ie, high pressure ( combi boiler or unvented system ). Or pumped for tank fed system ( hot water cylinder)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, The processor (mixer unit) can be used for high pressure, combi or gravity. We're HP.
There's a screw on the top of the processor to choose. This is correctly set to HP.
Hi, do you think the unit could have reached a temperature lower than 2 degrees?the thermistor can register a fault in this situation . It would mean turning off the power for a couple of mins then restarting .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's possible but have tried powering off for a couple of hours and then powering on again. No difference, unfortunately.
I have trued looking for a thermistor for it but havnt had any luck yet. You can get the processor unit . I can call tomorrow. I wonder if its worth trying to get it warmed up with a hair drier. Did the last one go wrong in the cold?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi - Thanks for looking. No, the other one just conked out one day. Not sure why - I was away with work and came back to a wife complaining that the shower had packed up...Processor unit's are available but have just shelled out for one.
Did i get that right, You are going to change the processor unit? All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi - No, I've already changed the processor unit. This is unit Number 2. The flashing light is the same problem I had with the other one - either two dodgy processors or the problem is nothing to do with the processor.
Hi, i was thinking that it might be an issue other than the units. You said you had two controller units. Are you running two showers off one shower unit. Also the ebay one could have had a fault ( that would be a real bugger )
Hi , im sorry but have to go out on an emergency . Can continue tomorrow
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - Understood. Please refund my £27 and then cancel the question.Thanks,
Rob